Thursday 21 June 2012

Alexa


Although not strictly classified listings Alexa is quite an important internet company.  Most usually referred to in terms of website stats rather than information.

Alexa - mortons-solicitors.co.uk

I've chosen Alexa for todays because they do allow you to register and allow your users to give reviews of your business which is always useful. Admittadly the site is designed like an accountants spreadsheet so its not the prettiest, but few websites would manage to get that much information onto a page.

I'm going to rate Alexa 2/10.  Its probably the last place people would go to find a classified listing.
Like many of the Web1.0 generation have been arguing for years, Alexa is widely overrated.

Overall the website probably has more appeal to be as a webmaster in giving my the detail of websites who are backlinking me, what terms are people finding my site with etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment