Wednesday 25 January 2012

LinkedIn

Linked in is not a directory per se but a social network that does allow businesses to create a business page. Well at least it should. There are no links for your to checkout in the post, although you all probably know the URL to LinkedIn.com anyway.

So heres my story.
Registered a site on LinkedIn and tried to create a business page for the company.  Unfortunately there is a firm with an identical name in another area of the country.  No matter what variation I tried upon the name is would not let me create the damn thing.

Eg
Mortons Solicitors
Morton's Solicitors
Morton's Solicitors Ltd
Morton's Solicitors Limited
Mortons Solicitors Ltd
Mortons Solicitors Limited
Mortons

So anyway I rolled up the help support system and wrote them an email. I did get a response within a few hours where they suggested using an apostrophe.  Didn't work again. Therefore I went back to help and requested assistance.

I appreciate they don't want the same firm created 20 times on the website but at least they could do was manually create it, given I provided them with all the details to be able to differentiate between the two firms, different addresses, web addresses and contact numbers.

So my support ticket sat their for days without a response.  3 days later I googled LinkedIn and support and discovered they have a worse rating than TalkTalk for customer service and so I immediately expunged the account.  I could have done with creating a linked in profile but then again I can't spend hours waiting for them to make a decision about what to do.

That is my experience with LinkedIn  I won't be using them on a personal level and you could guess that despite the design qualities of linkedin, the website will have to be given 0/10 for functionality because in my case it didn't function as expected.

I suppose I could leave it a couple of months and have another go to see if the idiots can fix it.

So thats a wrap for this blog post.  Tomorrow, another actual directory that I've actually succeeded is submitting to.  I've not quite decided which yet, so it will be surprise for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment