Monday 16 January 2012

Yell.com

My first blog post about a listing for a website is for YELL.COM.  This is a UK based directory for the Yellow Pages.  I presume the US Yellow Pages took that website so when they were looking for a domain name they just took yell.

Yell.com Listing for Mortons Solicitors

I submitted my listed a couple of months back and eventually went back to correct the details which had gone wry.

In terms of design its simple, but effective.  Nothing to in your face.  Functionality wise you will come to see it has more than most, although alot of other seems to use similar style and templating.  Search is where it is effective and so being able to submit more details about your website will enable it to be searched for more within the yell.com directory and via search engines and further afield.

Address - Check
Website Link - Check (And its DOFOLLOW)
Details Correct - Check

I also like it has the ability to post ratings. Already this site has a single review in favour of the owner.  A favourable one too.

There is also modern functionality in having facebook and twitter pages linked via the website. This will help drive customers to our websites.  And with GooglePlus one option you can generate circles around your sites listings in business pages.

Overall you can tell this is a user-friendly directory and not one for seo purposes.  I have to admit I often come across their listings in google and click them in preference over others. Mostly in terms of branding more than anything.

In terms of how a decent business page should look this is a good start in my opinion.  I'd give them 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment