Thursday 19 January 2012

SMBC Directory

So I discovered that my local council has a business directory which I am able to submit my business to. SMBC Business Directory

This directory may actually get the lowest marks because no one is ever going to find it on an independant site, with a poorly written script that is not indexable.  Its like something from the early days of the internet.

For that reason I'm marking it as 1/10. And the +1 is purely for the backlink :)

Why have I chosen it for todays showcase.  Firstly to hopefully show all business directories what not to do.  This is utter drivel and I'd expect nothing more from Stockport MBC.

Overall I hope that you take away that your local council may have something better up near you which you can promote your business. Whether it be local markets, local trading or something more bigger scale.  Hopefully they will have something for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment