Wednesday 25 January 2012

Stockport.co.uk

Our Stockport.co.uk page really shows how well people can make their business listing website look.
Firstly I am impressed at the use of the local pictures from google of the businesses which sets it apart from many of the other websites that I have blogged about recently.

There is the facility to leave reviews of which I am pleased to say one client has already seen fit to leave some words of "praize".

One thing I've noticed is that Google rarely puts the marker on the map correctly and you can see they are actually on the corner of John St and Middle Hillgate.  Not every website gives me the option to re-place the marker.  If there was something which I'd like these people to fix, then that would be it.  This could be a fundamental issue with the company I've listed being 20-22, and now shortened to 22.

It is clean, if not a tad simple in design but at least its not trying to heard and having a million things at once screaming at the viewer.

Also in functionality there are tags and bookmark features.  Sadly no GooglePlus or similar social bookmarking features, but we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment